Saturday, November 5, 2011

Estate-Sale-ing I go!

It's a balmy 48 degrees today and what else....raining! It's the kind of cold that goes to the bone. So what did I do first thing this morning? Made a pot of coffee and headed out to the patio to snuggle up with my lesson plan for tomorrow and my Bible. (I linked my Bible, not because I think you need to read a wikipedia page about it, but because I have stumbled on the best Bible of all time. Don't you want to click on it?)


I watched some of those Discovery channel shows last night, all about depressing jobs in Alaska, and felt I could spend a half hour in the elements in solidarity with my fellow westerners up in AK. What do nutty gold rush fools up in the Klondike and I have in common? We're all from Oregon and we all like plaid and we like to drink hot coffee outside. I'd like to think the similarities end there.

Anyways, my morning was refreshing, rewarding and relaxing. How's that for alliteration on a Saturday morning? Now it's off to do some estate sale-ing to see what items I can find to fill in that blank wall on the patio, and to help out the cause in my bed room. Here's some of what I'm looking for.

  • Vintage metal signs for patio
  • Umbrella stand
  • Single shelf to go over a painting (more on that to come)
  • Giant frame for a new chalkboard project I have in mind
And as always, vintage state plates and paint by numbers....just call me Ethel. 


Before I go out, I'm going to go throw on my running clothes because when I'm out and about on a Saturday morning and I haven't actually done anything athletic I feel that wearing spandex and running shoes fools the masses. Living in Track Town USA comes with its fair share of pressures, and running in 48 degrees and rain is one of them that I want to ignore today.

Hoping for before and afters later today!






No comments:

Post a Comment