Saturday, November 5, 2011

What I Got

Boy howdy was it a nasty day to run in and out of estate sales! I found one fantastic home sale, I wish I had taken pictures. This 60's ish couple,  beehive hairdo and all were just selling fun things they'd collected over the years and were having the best time with everyone. I bought a great small metal toolbox and some wool tartan fabric which should come in handy this Christmas. I also had some delicious coconut banana bread.


I'm going to try to track them down in the phone book, if you can still get ahold of one of those, and have them keep me on speed dial the next time they're opening up one of their 6 outbuildings. Can you imagine what other treasures could be hidden?

I ran to a few others, nothing fancy, thenI remembered I needed a few things at Tarjay and what did I find but.........

Photo's just too dark, I'll have to do something about that...
......a faux bois lamp! I had spied one similar to this in Whispering Pines for um $124, that's crazy sauce. I could go cut a limb and drill a hole in it and wire it for all of $20. Well not "I" but I know people.....remember that, I know people.  Anywhooo, guess how much I got this lamp for.

Guess.

No guess.





Ok. $12.99! On clearance baby

I saw two of these little log lamps sitting on the bottom of a cart and asked one of the red shirted ladies if I could have one. She said no but that there was one left on the rack. I booked it, couldn't find it, broke into a cold sweat, found another more helpful red shirted lady and then snatched up the last one! 

Full disclosure the shade was more expensive than the lamp at a whopping $13.49, which I'm still a wee bit annoyed about. I went to Goodwill to see if I could find another shade, but alas this is the one I have. Time will tell if I decide to fancy nancy it up at all, but for now it's a simple and rustic combo that brings some cozy warmth to my patio "living room". Excuse the pics, I have loads to learn.


I heard the other Target in town had a couple more so there may be one in your area too...you know you want one!





No comments:

Post a Comment