Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Vanity

Big news people, today I did an updo and it worked!

After seeing many a braid tutorial on Pinterest, I decided to give it a whirl with my very thick and yet very fine hair. Seeing as I wasn't raised with sisters and my mom had the darndest time braiding my silky fine straight hair as a little girl, this was somewhat unchartered territory. So after a good half hour with very sore and out of shape arms, 500,000 bobby pins and half a can of hairspray I'd like to present............


The updo! 

A little swoopdy-doo pinned on top with my awkward bangs, two french braids on either side and a whole lot of crazy business in the back. It started to get too big, like Victorian big, so I threw a headband on to keep the whole thing under control.

Since I work with about 27 men and nary a woman can be found in our office on a Wednesday, I felt I needed someone to appreciate my toil, so I marched into the Starbucks down the street where I know all of the baristas and was able to chat hairdos for a good 5 mins before heading into my little back room at the office.

I was a half hour late because of my vanity and of course none of my coworkers cared, so that's why I now share it with the 5 of you.

Happy "hump day", or "lumpy hair day", or Wednesday, whatever you call it!

Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I have super fine and super thin hair, so I am lucky if it stays in a regular old pony tail. Those updos on pinterest always make me feel like starting a rogaine treatment! Anyway - your hair looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! The follow up to that post would be that by the end of the day I had a MASSIVE headache! But it was fun all the same. I ran into Aaron before y'all were headed out on a flight, would love to hear how it went with the wee one! I'm sure y'all did great :)

    ReplyDelete