Saturday, November 26, 2011

My version of Black Friday

After a lovely thanksgiving with family and friends I geared myself up for Black Friday!

I rolled out of bed around 9:00am, made a pot of french press which I enjoyed on the patio and then loaded up in the car to head to a couple of my favorite antique shops!

I started at Glory Days, one of the best kept antique secrets in the valley. Loads of vendors with high quality fun stuff, not crafty, genuinely antiques. I spotted two pretty little bird drawing prints that I thought went well with some other similar rustic/natural and pretty colored drawings I already had.

Apparently I was right on thinking that they went well with the other drawings......two of them were identical. 

I'm wondering what the story is on this drawing that it's duplicated so much?

I then headed over to Indulge, a really similar experience to Glory Days but they have a couple of great mid century vendors, a nice way to mix up all the shabby chic that so often takes over in these type of venues. Nothing too exciting to report except for an old matchstick holder that became a part of an entryway vignette.

And yes, I did do a bit of commercial shopping, I met the mass of crazy crafters at JoAnns to pick up a few little items I needed for some projects I had to do that night. Those quilt and scrapbook gals are batty, it was a mad house!

Overall however, it was a lovely morning followed by lunch with some friends at the Country Club (not my normal venue) where I ate my first and last anchovy. And then a great evening getting some projects done around the house I'd been meaning to tackle for a while! More on those to come....

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a sane Black Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment