Saturday, October 22, 2011

An Intro to the Rustic Ranch

In 2009 I found myself in my mid 20's shockingly with a stable job, in my hometown and ready to settle in for a long spell and make a life. I had come back to Eugene after studying and working in Portland to help my family with the new "biz". My dad's a pastor, he was starting a new church and needed my help. I figured I'd help him administrate part time, work with kids some and go back to school to pursue my Master's in teaching. God's plans were much better than mine and I quickly found myself gainfully employed for a growing church as a "full time Sunday school teacher". Ha. Well it's something like that, but hopefully the ridiculousness of that concept will keep you reading until I post more on that.

Anywhoooo. When I first came to town I was living in my parents shed. It really was charming. But work hadn't quite picked up and I had developed a back spasm from reading Twilight for 6 days straight in my bunk when I thought "um hey....you're an adult" and I went to get an apartment. 
The Shed
I had my studio for about 9 months and I was confident that God had really provided a life for me in Eugene. I loved that little apartment, it was cozy, sweet and for the very first time I was learning to live on my own, I loved it!

A year into loving life in the apartment, I started to consider what it might look like to buy a house. The market was good, I was well provided for and had the resources, but it seemed unconventional. How much could I really take on as a young, inexperienced, single gal? 

Well instead of making a long story long, I'll just say that I decided to put my trust in God and the plan he'd apparently already laid out for me and pursue buying a house.



The story is a fun one, and a bit of a miracle for but now I'll just say that I moved into my little "rustic ranch house" a few days before Christmas in 2009. 

First night in the new house. Yes I moved the tree from my little apartment
It's been almost 2 years and this gal has learned a few things, mostly by failing and then looking up the answer on youtube. I'll be chronicling my adventure from here on out, so I hope it's worth adding to your reader.....DO IT!

K.Thanks. Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment