Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Boyscout Down the Street

I live in a great little neighborhood of single story ranch houses. Those tend to lend themselves well to families and my little land is no exception. I get hit up pretty regularly by the kids to buy magazines or raffle tickets, but I have a stockpile of Boyscout popcorn.

Ew. It's really not that good, no offense, but seriously, for the price....I would much prefer a cabinet full of Samoas and Thin Mints, but as luck would have it I'm surrounded by cute little Boyscouts. There's one little guy down the street specifically who has full access to my checkbook when he comes to the door.

The first time I met B man he knocked on my door in full regalia and I immediately thought of that pudgy little guy in "Up" whose all loaded down with flare.

B man is that kid. And oh my gosh, the cuteness could just kill you. He sold me then and there on like $50 bucks of popcorn with a stellar sales pitch..."gosh......I think it's going to take FOREVER for your popcorn to get here, my mom always complains on how long it takes" then he walked in and plopped himself on the couch while I wrote the check and told me all about his new friend on the playground, how tall his dad was.....he could have gone on for hours. 

A few days later I get a call from B man's dad, they had saved my new puppy who had escaped while I was at the store. The moral to this story being, always befriend your local boyscout. They are all but obligated to be the greatest, cutest neighbors ever. I don't go more than 2 days without B man or his little brothers stopping by to thank me for letting them take care of the chickens or to hang out with me while I'm in the garage, or just to ask me if I've ever seen baby sharks. That was today and you should have seen the little guy's face when I told him I had worked at Sea World.

Thankful for the Boyscouts. Though I wish they'd diversify their fundraising catalog. Until then, if you need some popcorn I have some. He hit me up again yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment