Friday, October 28, 2011

Costumes of Yore


I'm headed to a preschool harvest party for the kiddos at church tonight. (Harvest party not Halloween) I can't wait to see all of their chubby cheeked little selves stuffed in various costumes!

Living in Oregon, trick or treating normally meant wearing a rain coat over whatever costume you donned. So when I was trying to think of the costumes I wore as a kid I could only think of a couple of outfits. Usually I ended up being some sort of cowgirl or hippie in a trench coat, the latter should be "the" official mascot of Eugene.

I found a couple of pics on my computer today that gave me a good little chuckle.

I think our family did this ensemble until I was about 12, no one can say we aren't consistent.
Some of my college besties, obviously we ruled everything, look at those faces.

My favorite to date, though I was freezing cold and think I actually wore a pashmina over this,
which I don't think super heroes normally do. PS, those tights were so bad. The control top was all over the place.
I think Halloween is a weird holiday, and when people say it's their favorite I don't get it. It's the one major holiday that doesn't involve food, well I guess candy, but that doesn't count. And besides that, people get all freaky and I have no love for any costume that involves masks. So now that I'm done ranting I will say I love a good party. Preschoolers tonight and chaperoning a high school party on Sat...this is going to be one good Halloween weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment